1. Bleach, Volume 20. Tite Kubo.
Viz Media, $7.95 ISBN 978-1421510446
Bleach Vol. 20 takes over the #1 slot on the list. The story of a high school student that can see ghosts, Bleach is also an anime that is broadcast on the Adult Swim block on the Cartoon Network.
2. Fruits Basket, Volume 17. Natsuki Takaya.
Tokyopop, $9.99 ISBN 978-1598167993
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Jeff Kinney.
Abrams, $10.95 ISBN 978-0-810-99313-6
4. Naruto, Volume 15. Mashashi Kishimoto.
Viz Media, $7.95 ISBN 978-1-421-51089-7
5. Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Volume 1.
Laurell K. Hamilton. Art by Brett Booth.
Marvel Comics, $19.99 ISBN 978-0-785-12723-9
Marvel’s hardcover collection of Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, a comics adaptation of Laurell K. Hamilton’s bestselling fantasy novels, returns for its second month on the comics bestseller list. The book is selling well in both general bookstores and the comics shop market.
6. Absolute Boyfriend, Volume 4. Yuu Watase.
Viz Media, $8.99 ISBN 978-1421510040
7. Full Metal Alchemist, Volume 14. Hiromu Arakawa.
Viz Media, $9.99 ISBN 978-1421513799
8. Hellsing, Volume 8. Kohta Hirano.
Dark Horse, $13.95 ISBN 978-1593077808
Dark Horse has sold more than 20,000 copies of Hellsing vol. 8 since July, said DH publicity director Jeremy Atkins. But vol. 7, which sold more than 30,000 copies, was published in 2005. DH published the first seven volumes of the licensed manga series so quickly they caught up with Japanese publishing schedule and had to hold back. “People weren't used to waiting on this series,” said Atkins, “This was actually the most asked about manga title at every show we did last year.”
9. Kingdom Hearts II, Volume 1. Shiro Amano.
Tokyopop, $9.99 ISBN 978-1427800589
10. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Volume 14. Clamp
Del Rey, $10.95 ISBN 978-0345485342
The second volume of the book series collecting DC Comic’s groundbreaking weekly comics series 52 take the #11 slot. The second volume spotlights such characters as Booster Gold, Inifinity Inc and Black Adam that have since spun off their own series or miniseries