|International Sales Director|
|Insight Editions, based in San Rafael CA, one of the fastest growing independent book publishers in the US has a position for an International Sales Director/Multi Language Co-Editions and Rights. This position will be responsible for organizing all international markets from co-editions and rights, to retailers, distributors, and wholesalers globally to ensure the company’s publications are effectively adapted and sold in channels globally. This position would oversee a staff of two and be hands on to lead the team to success while maintaining and expanding the sales database, creating materials and presentations, tracking contracts, and preparing for and attending international book shows.|
Core Job Responsibilities
• Oversee and expand publishing and distribution in all key markets globally.
• Represent Insight Editions at foreign rights fairs including but not limited to London, Frankfurt, Bologna, Beijing, Brazil, etc.
• Create reports that use comprehensive data to measure performance and identify opportunities.
• Define formats and repurpose titles to meet the individual needs of specific markets and partners.
• Identify and secure orders from large retailers and wholesalers in key markets internationally.
• Participate in developing the publishing program to meet the needs of specific markets and partners in the various territories.
• Create and manage workflows to share information, materials, and updates about our books the co-edition and rights partners as well as key international retailers.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 year experience in internationally focused co-edition publishing either in the USA or Europe.
• Proven track record of selling books in international markets in the co-edition, rights, and export channels.
• The ability to deal with established clients all over the world and open up new relationships in foreign markets.
• Prior experience traveling and selling in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and other markets is essential.
• Excellent negotiating skills and ability to secure deals.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of foreign languages a plus.
• A thorough knowledge of book publishing, the editorial process, and an understanding of illustrated book publishing timelines is essential.
• Good business skills to create and maintain Profit & Loss Statements and understand margins and cash flows.
• The ability to train and lead a small US based sales team and to identify and appoint representatives in key foreign markets.
• Knowledge of the film, gaming, and entertainment industry working with brand licensors will be a plus.
• Frequent overseas travel will be essential.
• The job is based in San Rafael, Marin, California.
Insight Editions enjoys an unparalleled reputation for innovation, quality, and commercial success in partnership with leading entertainment companies, authors, photographers, and artists. It operates in the US as both a publisher and packager, and sells its books in twenty languages in over forty countries.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a growing publisher who continues to develop their niche in the publishing industry. The salary will be commensurate with experience and the package will comprise a good base salary with benefits, plus an annual bonus based upon achievement at certain revenue goals.