Please note: We offer fully subsidized monthly transit as part of our benefits package to facilitate commuting from Seattle and other locations.
|becker&mayer! seeks an experienced full-time Editor, with children’s/juvenile experience, to join our book group. This Editor manages all editorial work from concept to publication for a variety of book projects, and is the primary contact with the publisher (and the licensor, if appropriate) throughout the development process. The Editor is the team leader on designated proposals and book projects, initiating and developing book ideas, detailing and monitoring schedules, enlisting authors, and writing content. This position is located in our Bellevue, WA office. |
* Leads book development process from concept to publication.
* Collaborates creatively with team members in developing and delivering high-quality proposals and projects.
* Manages book projects through manuscript to final file delivery, serving as a liaison with publishing partners (and licensors, as appropriate), including building and monitoring schedules, negotiating author agreements, hiring freelance editors, and closely collaborating with in-house design and production staff
* Independently edits book proposals and projects, often providing written content, including cover copy and captions.
* Contributes proactively to new ideas.
* Researches and enlists appropriate authors, helping expand the stable of highly skilled writers.
* Writes pitches, sell sheets, catalog copy, and other content in support of proposals and projects.
Who We Are: