|Day to day responsibility for coordinating and disseminating information to promote the organization, its members and expanding awareness of ABAA.org as the ideal destination to learn about and purchase rare books and related materials. This includes creating content, gathering and compilation of materials and coordinating dissemination of information with regional book fair publicists and external news sources.|
1. Manage multiple blog contributors (both regulars and guests). Edit all blog posts for content, quality, and formatting. Request rewrites and new pictures when necessary. Make sure blog posts are being routed to the correct parts of the larger website, and that Home Page carousel is optimized with the most important posts and changing regularly.
2. Create content relating to rare books and related materials for various ABAA media as appropriate to include but not limited to:
o General information on rare book events and exhibitions.
o Members in the news
o Member interviews and posts on individual member accomplishments
o Messaging and strategies for members to repost to help spread the message.
This includes collecting information from various sources, including maintenance of email@example.com and writing both short and long content that will drive traffic to the site. Content should be prepared with the appropriate audience in mind including customers and/or members.
3. Maintain and update featured website sections including but not limited to:
o Featured Booksellers Carousel on a monthly basis, including assuring that those members selected have full profiles.
o Featured Categories including schedule creation and create appropriate text and images for each.
4. Collect information from various sources to compile and publish the ABAA Member and Public Newsletter(s) for release on a regular schedule.
5. Maintain a regular schedule of ABAA Press Releases to relevant print and electronic media, with knowledge of the deadline schedules of various outlets. Write press releases for all ABAA related. Act as press contact for further information on these releases.
6. Responsibility for maintaining and actively updating pertinent contact lists
o ABAA Press List, with contact names of all relevant press contacts at print and electronic media, including blogs.
o Mailing lists of the ABAA, including lists gathered from website purchases (via Biblio), book fair visitors (via fair promoters) and from bibliophilic and other synergistic organizations.
Lists should be maintained according to high standards, including data security, redundancy consumer involvement.
7. Track metrics by producing a baseline and periodic reports monitoring website and social media traffic, website member subscriptions and sales.
8. Coordinate activities with regional ABAA Book Fair publicists, assuring that relevant book fair content is consistent across website and other media.
9. Provide content and promotion assistance to organization members to include but not limited to:
o Create messaging and provide strategies for members to repost and help spread the message.
o Provide support to member booksellers when opportunities for national media present themselves and the ABAA message can be worked into the story.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Well organized and self-motivated with a willingness to introduce new ideas.
• At least three years nonfiction writing experience in a professional setting, preferably in communications, journalism and/or public relations.
• Demonstrates experience blogging with proven successful following.
• Proficiency with:
o standard word processing software and database applications including mailing list management,
o contact management, either Mail Chimp or Constant Contact
o social media including FaceBook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.
o analytics and SEOs including Google analytics, social media aggregators such as HootSuite and using these tools to create reports
o web editing or content management systems with a basic knowledge of html
o Photoshop or other photo editing software, including access to software
• Ability to coordinate activities generated by diverse group of contributors.
• Experience as a publicist desirable but not mandatory.
• Knowledge of rare books or special collections desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in related topic.
Contract employee: approximation of 30 hours per week, contingent on deliverables.
Executive Committee with direction from chairs of Internet Committee and Public Relations committee and administrative oversight by the Executive Director.
$25,000-35,000 per annum