|Senior Publicist, Yale University Press|
|New Haven, Connecticut|
|Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.|
In collaboration with the Publicity Director, oversee the day-to-day publicity campaigns for lead, general-interest Focus titles each season, including creation of press materials, galley lists, galley mailings, media follow-up, creative pitching of feature or review coverage, in-house updates and reporting. Ensure maximum media coverage for all YUP titles in national media, art, and scholarly journals in the North American market, including print, online, radio and TV through:
• Strategic media planning and campaign execution
• Strong working relationships with editors and authors
• Strong relationships with a wide variety of media contacts, especially in such national media outlets that have proven to be powerful drivers in selling books, including prominent online publications or blogs, NPR, network and cable TV, top national magazines and newspapers
• An informed and evolving awareness of industry trends
• Timely communication of updates
• Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Well-developed presentation skills.
• Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail under pressure.
• Computer literate, experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Skilled in the use of one of the following: LexisNexis, Cision, Publicity Assistant database, or equivalent tool or application.
• Strong understanding of copyright, relating to media usage of YUP books.
• Strong understanding of journalistic practices, relating to media coverage of YUP books.
• Strong understanding of online and social media, relating to publishing and media industries as a whole as well as to effective publicity, marketing, and sales of books in particular.
• Well-developed financial skills to include budget development.
• Preferred: Master’s Degree; 5 years of book publicity experience.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 13802BR. Please be sure to reference source code IPWJZ when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.