|Princeton Architectural Press is seeking a skilled and dynamic publicist to join our team. Princeton Architectural Press is a world leader in books on architecture, design, photography, landscape, and visual culture for the past 35 years. The Press has since added growing and dynamic programs in both children's books and Paper + Goods (stationery and gift). Featuring a backlist of nearly 1,000 titles, the company’s books are acclaimed for their strong and unique, sometimes eccentric, editorial vision, unrivaled design sensibility, and high production values. We are distributed by Chronicle Books, based in San Francisco.|
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 3+ years experience in publicity or marketing. Book publishing experience preferred.
• Creative and enthusiastic in pitching books and authors.
• Proven ability to generate successful publicity plans.
• Motivated self-starter; ability to take initiative in shepherding projects.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively while also maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Poise and confidence in communicating with authors and media.
• Excellent media contacts.
• Proficiency with CisionPoint and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with InDesign a plus.
• Plan and execute creative, successful publicity plans for 10-20 books per season in the fields of art, architecture, graphic design, photography, and visual culture. Write press releases and targeted pitch letters. Persuasively pitch books and authors to the media, targeting both subject-area media and major, national general-interest media. Coordinate sending of review copies. Facilitate reviews, excerpts, author interviews, and features. Schedule author events and publicize events to local media.
• Collaborate with authors on marketing and publicity plans. Work with authors on creation of book trailers as appropriate. Work with authors on their social media presence as needed.
• Research media and build and maintain excellent relationships with media contacts. Periodically meet with key media.
• Assist in creating marketing partnerships and marketing campaigns as appropriate.
• Pitch holiday gift guides.
• Submit books for awards.
• Keep authors, in-house staff, and our distributors updated on publicity activities.
• Represent the publicity department in meetings as needed.
• Contribute to PAP’s e-newsletters, blog, and social media.
• Help manage and maintain media contact lists and review database.
• Participate in acquisitions discussions.
• Work trade shows and book fairs, including BookExpo, New York Art Book Fair, etc. Attend author events and book launch parties.