|THE OPPORTUNITY |
Manage preproduction for high volume of simple and moderate titles. Meet all schedule, cost, quality and confidentiality requirements.
• Work directly with Planning, Procurement, Supply, Logistics, Scholastic Businesses and vendors to prioritize title lists and ensure that products are completed and shipped in time to meet end use dates.
• Oversee adherence to preproduction schedules from conception through completion of final product.
• Oversee approvals at all stages of preproduction.
• Oversee adherence to budget on all individual titles. Budgetary responsibility of approximately $100K per year.
• Ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner and variances are resolved.
• Monitor metrics of master schedules and track deviations for all titles. Identify issues, work to resolve them and share with Supervisor on a regular basis.
• Provide schedule status updates. Ensure accuracy of information in Epic Prepress System.
• Resolve files issues, with assistance if needed.
• Conduct color reviews and press checks as needed to align with quality standards. Authorized to reject proofs where necessary.
• Track and report vendor issues to share with Global Procurement Team.
• Ensure that all titles go through safety testing and work through issues with safety team to resolve prior to final testing.
• Oversee file deposits to the Scholastic archive.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 96 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Effective communicator at all levels
• Moderate knowledge of prepress and printing
• High motivation, assertiveness, flexibility and adaptability to change
• Problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations in high pressure work environment
• Basic safety knowledge
• Basic negotiation skills Effective communicator at all levels