|Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.|
Responsible for planning and implementing our academic and library marketing efforts, and facilitate effective outreach within this market to increase visibility of the Yale University Press (YUP) publishing program and to build relationships with key academic professionals and librarians. As a member of the marketing and sales group, the Assistant Marketing Director will also work closely with the Marketing Director in trade marketing outreach and other general marketing efforts on a project basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five years of marketing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in course book and/or textbook marketing.
• Strong management experience.
• Strong experience in revenue forecasts and projections.
• Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
• Strong presentation skills including public speaking.
• Strong mathematical and budgeting skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
• Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail under pressure.
• Computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office, understanding of design software (such as In-Design, Photoshop), familiarity with ePub, HTML, and sales database software (such as salesforce.com).
• Copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
• Preferred: Strong understanding of pre-press production and printing; five to seven years of book publishing experience with a strong background in academic and/or library marketing and sales; strong experience with online marketing initiatives; experience with Bookscan; graduate degree in related field.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 13983BR. Please be sure to reference source code IPWJZ when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.