This position will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy for delivering value to existing MSI members though roundtables, social media, webinars, and other means. The position will work closely with MSI staff to formalize and implement on-boarding for MSI company members, and to create new forums to bring corporate members together with each other and with members of the academic community to explore issues of shared interest. The position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
With the objective of engaging more proactively, broadly, and deeply with member companies, responsibilities include:
• Build relationships with members through understanding of specific member and individual needs/priorities.
• Working with senior staff, handle day-to-day requests from members, ensuring that all member interests are addressed, captured, and tracked.
• Coordinate and participate in member interviews and summarize interview notes. Ensure linkage between the Priority Setting process and other member value activities
• Develop and implement processes for on-boarding company members
• Develop and maintain a system for tracking individual members’ interests and concerns
• Roundtables: With input from senior MSI staff and members, identify member interests that could provide topics suitable for roundtable development; work with the Research Director to recruit academic co-chairs; identify and recruit participants from non-competing companies; oversee meeting logistics; assist in facilitation of meetings; track participation; follow up as needed.
• Social Media: Working with MSI staff, create and implement strategy for using social media to appropriately deliver value to MSI members. Help to develop and implement public facing blog and/or other social media initiatives to enhance member experience.
• Webinars: With MSI staff, develop strategy for webinar series. Identify and recruit speakers for 40-minute webinars featuring research of interest to MSI members. Work with speakers to prepare webinar-ready presentations, drive member participation and oversee all aspects of sessions including marketing, registration and technical facilitation.
• Keep abreast of current business press and MSI knowledge development, in order to better explain, synthesize, convey, and apply what is useful to members. (Note: this is not intended as a consulting service, per se, which "solves" a member business problem, but an approach that helps members to develop the ability to make use of knowledge resources in addressing their issues.)
• Superior relationship-building skills; ability to immediately establish credibility with senior executives
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
• Strong meeting facilitation skills; ability to conduct web conferences and phone-based interactions
• Ability to present professionally and intelligently to members; demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
• Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Ability to conduct substantive content discussions with senior-level contacts, understand member needs and help to identify relevant resources
• Solid understanding of business and marketing concepts; genuine interest in business and research issues
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and resourcefulness
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to work outside the strict job description parameters and think creatively about how to provide the highest level of member service.
• 7-10 years experience in related field (marketing, academic research or administration, publishing)
• MBA preferred, BA/BS required
• Must be able to travel (approximately 25-35%) and live in Boston area