|San Rafael, CA|
|Marin County publisher seeking a motivated and creative individual with book design experience that possesses strong skills in design, layout, typography, time-management for the position of Senior Designer. This position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities designing, conceptualizing, and managing the creation of high-quality picture books, limited edition packaging, and a variety of other book formats and genres.|
· Conceptualize cover and interiors of books by bringing a cutting-edge design sense to every project and keeping up with industry and design trends
· Manage all aspects and stages of the books design and production
· Collaborate with the Art Director, Editorial staff, and Production department from manuscript to final bound book to realize a collective vision
· Act as a mentor to others designers with the Design department
· Expert proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator – Mac based.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Superior organizational skills and a keen eye for details
· Photographic eye and a creative, outside-the-box approach to choosing photos
· Ability to provide creative solutions to design challenges
· Ability to manage multiple projects, adapting to changing schedules, and working under tight time constraints.
· Thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production.
· Knowledge and experience in digital publishing a plus
· 4-5 years of design experience in book publishing
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with 2-3 samples or preferably a link to an online portfolio.