|Publishing Account Manager, Publisher Services|
CreateSpace, part of the Amazon group of companies
CreateSpace, part of the Amazon group of companies is the leading provider of independent publishing tools that enable authors, filmmakers and musicians to produce, polish, publish and distribute their work to customers around the world. CreateSpace is also a leader in manufacture on-demand (MOD) capabilities for Books, CDs and DVDs. If you'd like to help us build a great Independent publishing and MOD company, this is your chance to make history in a rapidly-growing fast-paced environment. We are looking for a dynamic, organized individual to join our Publisher Services team.
This position reports to the Publisher Services Team Manager. The Publishing Account Manager (PAM) is the central point of contact for our publisher customers. The position requires e-mail and phone communication with partners, the ability to learn and use a wide variety of software tools, provide technical support on common functions performed by partners who use our platform and services offerings. PAMs must have a strong work ethic, a desire to see partners succeed, be technically adept and detail oriented, and be an advocate within the organization. Building long-term relationships with both vendors and customers will be crucial to success in the role.
Customer Facing: 60%
• Manage day-to-day aspects of the book production schedules, including ensuring design and editorial work is performed in accordance with the project requirements in terms of quality, schedule and budget as well as communication and negotiation with internal partners. .
• Coordinate multiple projects and action plans and oversee all project tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation; revising as appropriate to meet changing needs.
• Ensure that production of all publisher titles are completed within specified timelines and with best in class quality of work
• Organize and manage weekly production meeting for books to update team on status of conversions, publisher approval links, new live titles and follow-up needed with new or existing client publishers
• Perform ad hoc problem solving and issue resolution (escalating cross-departmentally as appropriate)
Project Work to Support Role: 40%
• Provide feedback to the product management teams to drive technology and operational improvements; interface effectively with internal development teams and service owners
• Work with our team of outsourced vendors (including editors, copywriters, designers, etc.) to ensure publishers receive quality products
• Participate in product plan development for publisher product lines, assisting with development of annual objectives and goals.
• Participate in the product launch process, working closely with Service, Vendor Management and other groups to meet launch goals.
• Assist with development of metrics for, and tracking and reporting on, new product development.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a high-tech, e-commerce, or publishing environment, and/or related B2B experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (particularly Excel and Outlook)
• Experience in working with outsource/3rd Party Vendors
• Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
• Internet navigation and troubleshooting Skills
• Demonstrated analytical aptitude and technical problem solving abilities
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), time management skills, professionalism, and the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
• Proven experience working in a B2B environment
• Aptitude to quickly learn new systems and software
• Ability to multi-task & prioritize, with strong organizational and follow-up skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to write or speak in a multi-lingual environment
• Active participant in the development and execution of betas, test pilots, and/or training
CreateSpace is part of the Amazon group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.