Under supervision of the Director of Adult Proprietary Publishing and Editor-in Chief and Publisher of Portable Press, helps to oversee, implement and execute the overall Portable Press business. Responsible for the day-to-day management of stock and inventory levels of designated categories, purchase orders, and maintenance of the titles in the database. Product Manager provides product information on all Portable Press titles to BTPG customers, B&T Merchandising, B&T Sales and B&T Marketing teams. In addition to Portable Press responsibilities, the Product Manager will provide support and backup to the Adult Publishing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Add new titles in designated categories to all necessary systems- Oracle, TMM and WM. Make sure all information is complete and correct, and maintains the titles in the system to manage allocation of inventory.
2. Monitor sales reports, recommended titles report, finished goods report, Helix Reports, Pub Alley Reports, and Raincoast reports and any other applicable reports, to ensure that data is correctly entered, and that prices, quantities, and dates are correct and up-to-date.
3. Review inventory levels in Oracle and locations to ensure product in designated categories is allocated properly. Manages work orders, operations, logistics, and warehousing issues related to each project.
4. Attend weekly logistics meeting. Plan and oversee inventory print and ship dates.
5. Attend weekly Portable Press production meetings, and update the team on club business, PO’s and sales.
6. Maintain all titles in designated categories that need to be in control.
7. Write up purchase orders and enter PO’s for Portable Press and overall Adult Team.
8. Under direction of the Director, communicate to all parties any changes concerning new titles, including changes in title, price point, format, delivery date.
9. Solve problems on a daily basis. Respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
10. Prepare sales reports, ED Eyes, spreadsheets, and materials for presentations to pub board.
11. Conduct internal presentations.
12. Prepare materials and sales information for PGW and Raincoast sales conferences for Portable Press titles. This includes pulling samples, running ed-eyes and shipping product to customer. Also includes returning all samples to their appropriate place when returned.
13. Prepare sales and inventory reports for the Editor-in Chief to have on hand at trade shows.
14. Update the Year-To-Date title report card weekly/monthly for sell through from clubs for imprint.
15. Participate in product development issues to include price negotiation, cover design, specs, ISBN’s, assortments and delivery.
16. Obtain all necessary information to set up new titles and/or printers in the B&T system.
17. Meet with B&T Retail and International teams to review Portable Press titles for placement opportunities.
18. Meet with Club Teams (both Sales and Merchandising) to inform them of future projects. Discuss current trends and/or any other updated. Keep lines of communication open within the organization.
19. With supervision from the Editor-in-Chief review inventory and make suggestions for NR changes.
20. Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Director to prepare and review monthly the title spreadsheet from the budget for Portable Press. Make updates to title changes in quantity and pricing. Distribute findings to Director, Editor-in-Chief and VP of Finance for forecasting purposes.
21. Under supervision of the Editor-in-Chief and Director, manage advertisement budget and title selection for Club business
22. Work with Finance and Editorial on WIP and internal processes
23. Work with Corporate Accounts Receivable on accounting issues in regard to invoicing.
24. Review hurt inventory from PGW and direct warehouse on how to proceed with stock.
25. Review inventory every two weeks and identify titles and quantities to be reprinted.
26. Work with editorial to meet customer dates and design covers that will work in all markets.
27. Work with the Special Sales teams on custom projects for Special Markets.
28. Domestic Travel as needed.
Key Results Areas:
1. Manage non returnable inventory investment for all of Portable Press. Make sure books are printed on time and in stock to service all market segments.
2. Update Publishing and Sales staff to keep them informed of product status. Propose and/or implement solutions as necessary depending on out of stocks, reprints, etc.
3. Support product development efforts as directed by Editor-in-Chief.
4. Maintain accurate budgeted inventory levels.
5. Oversee and recommend special printing for custom printings with direct customers.
6. Produce required reports accurately and on time.
7. Maintain information in the computer system in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Functions as a Brand Manager and supports the trafficking of digital files for all distribution systems.
9. Works with marketing on promotions for both P and Ebook promotions
10. Serves as the expert on pricing. Prepares and presents publishing boards as needed.
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
1. Ability to communicate effectively in person, on telephone, and in written form.
2. Experience in purchasing and inventory management.
3. Demonstrated problem solving and customer service skills.
4. Strong understanding of math and business finance terms, especially percentages and margins.
5. Experience with computers and ability to operate up to eight hours per day.
6. College degree or equivalent business experience.
7. 3 to 5 years’ experience in publishing related business.
8. Ability to work long hours during stressful seasonal peaks.