|LifeWay Christian Resources in Nashville, TN, is seeking an eBook & Digital Content Manager to collaborate with divisional and publishing components in the development of a multi-format digital publishing strategy including but not limited to ebook, internet, tablet, and mobile applications. |
• Directs the day-to-day work of the area by effectively planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluation of the work to be accomplished.
• Fulfills LifeWay’s vision, values, and operating principles through the development of transmedia digital content strategies in collaboration with senior leadership.
• Leads in recruiting, staffing, training, and performance of personnel.
• Understands the needs of the assigned target audience and participates in leadership training events for assigned customer groups and customer contact opportunities.
• Participates in the development and implementation of new media technology solutions. Guides other publishing event components to new digital distribution opportunities and processes.
• Works with senior leadership to develop internal and external partnerships in the development of new media technology solutions.
• Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelors degree in media, communications or related field and at least 8 years multi-media and publishing management and/or supervisory experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate must possess knowledge of XML, ePub and other digital formatting standards for web and mobile platforms; knowledge of SBC, churches, and target group; demonstrated team leadership ability, strong interpersonal relationship and group dynamic skills; good technical skills including English and grammar; strong operational knowledge of the strategic use of digital media; strong administrative and business skills; strong Biblical skills and conservative theological perspective preferred.
LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention, established in Nashville, Tenn., in 1891, is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, church literature, books, music, audio and video recordings, church supplies and Internet services through LifeWay.com. The company also owns and operates 160 LifeWay Christian Stores across the nation, as well as two of the largest Christian conference centers in the country. LifeWay is a religious nonprofit organization that receives no funding from the denomination and reinvests income above operating expenses in mission work and other ministries around the world.