|National Accounts Rep/Asst. Sales Direct|
|Princeton University Press|
|Princeton University Press seeks a National Accounts Representative/Assistant Director of Sales to represent the Press’s books to national and specialty accounts. This person insures that orders are received and handled properly, manages frontlist reprints, and monitors the retail marketplace, keeping the Press up to date on developments as they affect book selling. |
1. Calling on several national accounts, presenting new titles and key backlist; communicating new title information and sales history of previous titles; negotiating co-op spends; managing ongoing customer relationships and developing new ones; and following-up to secure orders and re-orders.
2. Reporting back regularly to press management on market reception of list in writing and in meetings
3. Managing frontlist reprints and inventory
4. Managing annual remainder sale
5. Sending publicity updates and other relevant information to field rep force and assisting sales reps as needed
6. Assisting in preparations for semi-annual sales conferences including writing tip sheets and gathering other relevant information for sales rep force
7. Assisting in occasional customer service issues
8. Assisting sales director in producing and analyzing sales reports as needed
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in book sales, preferably having worked for a publisher of serious non-fiction trade books. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Princeton University Press offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.