|Marketing Director, Fiction|
|HarperCollins Christian Publishing|
|501 Nelson Place |
Nashville, TN 37214
|Thomas Nelson, Inc., the world’s largest Christian publisher, seeks a Marketing Director to lead the Fiction Marketing and Publicity teams. Our ideal candidate is an inspiring marketing leader and an innovative and strategic thinker – able to conceive and implement both traditional and non-traditional marketing initiatives into full print and digital campaigns. Candidate must also be passionate about Thomas Nelson’s mission and an avid lover of story.|
PURPOSE: The Marketing Director develops, directs, and, with team support, delivers all marketing components for a list of 60 novels – including originals and reprints - per year.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Inspires team and the larger organization to best practices in all aspects of marketing - from community outreach (bloggers, websites, influencers), to consumer research, to social media campaigns, to placement of print and online content.
• Conceives and communicates with publisher, editors, sales, authors and agents on all campaigns and their components – from presentation through execution to ROI analysis.
• Builds alignment and strong relationships with sales channels and retailers - including traditional retail, online retail, and direct to consumer - to maximize discoverability of all titles in both print and e and drive growth of the Fiction program.
• Conceives and executes front list, seasonal, genre, and backlist promotions in both e and p formats.
• Secures third-party program-wide and title specific promotional partnerships; sets strategy for long-term author brand and audience building campaigns.
• Leads creative planning for sales conference and conventions; responsible for all sales conference deliverables.
• Collaborates on and communicates consumer perspective on all aspects of packaging, including title, jacket, and cover copy.
• Exemplifies a passion for great story and helping stories find their readers.
• Proven leadership of a marketing team in publishing or a related industry.
• Broad knowledge of commercial (and in particular, inspirational) fiction preferred.
• Detailed experience with online product marketing and social media platforms and tracking.
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
7+ years of relevant mid to senior marketing experience in publishing, media, or a related industry.
B.A. in Marketing, Communications, Literature, or other relevant disciplines.