|Bowker seeks a Product Manager|
Nestled in the Watchung Mountains, New Providence is home to 12,000. Known for our beautiful residential neighborhoods, excellent school system, and wonderful recreation facilities. New Providence is conveniently located roughly 15 miles west of Newark and approximately 28 miles west of New York City.
This staff position reports to the Senior Product Manager, Bowker Discovery Services within ProQuest Workflow Solutions. The Product Manager will be responsible for the execution of the strategy, product vision, and product roadmap for various Discovery Services offerings, including content licensing offerings (delivered via web services, APIs & ONIX, ASCII, MARC content extracts) as well as subscription products delivered over the Internet to libraries and retailers. These offerings are sold to book retailers, Internet search providers, as well as online library search & discovery systems.
Still interested? Read on...
What you'll be doing:
* Develop roadmap for existing offerings, including strategic plans / directives for new content elements or new content products and services based on evolving market needs and customer feedback.
* Develop and execute go-to-market plans for new data SaaS offering
* Manage content alliance partnerships with data providers & publishers to ensure the most comprehensive metadata available.
* Perform market research and analysis, as well as conduct customer and partner visits to gain feedback on usability and performance of data services offerings as well as products powered by ProQuest Workflow Solutions metadata.
* Gain a thorough understanding of the data structures, collection rules and workflows that are pertinent to booksellers, publishers, libraries, and data providers.
* Develop business specifications/business requirements that can be translated into technical specifications.
* Prioritize product development, enhancement and product defect schedules to maximize customer experience and revenue commitments.
* Proactively/regularly communicate product roadmap and development schedule to ProQuest team members: including account execs, IT development and technical support, marketing, and ProQuest management.
* Work closely with marketing, sales, IT development, technical support, financial and business management to support the active management of project plans and the overall development schedule. Works with members of the development team to keep all projects deliverables on track and within budget.
* Familiarize yourself with all lines of business within Bowker and ProQuest with an eye on what can be integrated to support revenue growth and product synergies.
What you'll need to be successful:
* 7+ years experience of successful related experience in product development and/or product management of abstract and index or database related products, preferably with a publisher or data provider.
* Bachelor's degree in a business, library/information science, or computer-related major. Successful experience working in matrix environment
* Successful experience in developing relationships and partnerships within industry
* Successful experience developing and managing a product through all of the product development life cycle.
* Ability to interact with customers and partners (book publishers, retailers, wholesalers, POS vendors, and industry organizations, libraries) to understand metadata needs and translate those needs into enhancement and new product ideas.
* Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to track multiple projects and lead them through development life cycle.
* Experience in writing business specifications from which functional requirements can be created. Experience in Agile product development practices.
* Experience in forging business partnerships and managing vendor relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all facets of an organization including IT, marketing, sales, and executive management .
* Skilled in understanding the importance of one project over another, both within the individual's sphere of responsibility and for the business as a whole, and to lead and/or aid in managing the project prioritization process.
* Ability to shift quickly among the needs of multiple ongoing projects and product types.
* Mid- to Advanced-skills with Windows applications. MS Access, SQL a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
* Must have a “can do” attitude and be willing to do what is required to get the job done.
* Strong customer service attitude for both external and internal customers.
* MBA a plus.
* Working knowledge of the publishing industry.
* Library industry experience big plus
Here’s what you want to know about Bowker:
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Located in the heart of beautiful, residential New Providence, with a wide variety of cuisines
Great benefits: Flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Newly renovated office, a casual work environment where jeans are the norm
Bowker is the world's leading provider of bibliographic information management solutions designed to help publishers, booksellers, and libraries better serve their customers. The company is focused on developing various tools and products that make books easier for people to discover, evaluate, order, and experience, as well as providing services to publishers that help them better understand and meet the interests of readers
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Opportunities” page under About Us.
Bowker is an affiliated business of ProQuest®, and is headquartered in New Providence, NJ. www.Bowker.com