|ProseWorks Entertainment, a new and rapidly growing mainstream fiction production studio/publisher, is looking for a fiction producer. |
The job involves the following:
Job requirements are as follows:
The job requires visionary creative abilities as well as exceptional analytical skills. This position is more than an average 9-5 job and will require working late or working weekends. We are a small company that’s rapidly expanding so please be sure to understand this before you apply.
If you’re the kind of person who would rather work on a new project idea (because it’s more fun) instead of taking the day off, you will fit right in.
Also, experience is not required (it is a plus if you have some); talent is a requirement though.
If this sounds like you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
- The subject line should say ATTN: Fiction Producer Application
In the body, please introduce yourself and answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position? (word limit: 350 words)
2. What are the skills that make you stand out from the other applicants? (word limit: 350 words)
3. Name your three favorite books from three different genres and explain why you like them the best. (word limit: 350 words)
4. Write three imperfect sentences and then revise them yourself to show how they can be improved. Explain why the improved versions are better. (word limit: 350 words)
5. Name your three favorite movies from different genres and explain why you like them best. (word limit: 350 words)
6. Name three books that you hated. Explain why. (word limit: 600 words)
8. What makes a good sentence? Explain. (word limit: 600 words)
9. What makes a good story? Explain. (word limit: 600 words)
10. What is the premise of The Godfather (the movie)? Explain. (word limit: 300 words)
11. What is the premise of A Walk to Remember (the novel)? How is it similar and different from the premise of the Titanic (the movie)? Explain. (word limit: 600 words)
12. Why do you think the Da Vinci Code sell as much as it did? Why did Harry Potter series sell as much as it did? Discuss the similarities and differences in the characteristics that made each work a success . (word limit: 1,000 words).
13. Is there anything else we should know about you that makes you especially qualified to work with us? (word limit: 300 words)
Regretfully, we won't be able to answer every submission; if you haven't heard from us in two weeks from the date of your email, please assume we're not interested. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.