|Quayside (pronounced keyside) Publishing Group represents a dynamic group of imprints dedicated to providing quality print- and E-Books to its readers. Formed in 2004 upon Rockport Publishers acquisition of Creative Publishing international, the Quayside Publishing Group now encompasses Cool Springs Press, Creative Publishing international, Fair Winds Press, Motorbooks, MVP Books, Quarry Books, Quayside Distribution Services, Quiver, Rockport Publishers, Voyageur Press, Zenith Press and Walter Foster Publishing.|
Quayside Publishing Group is seeking an inspired and energetic Director of Sales. Book experience not necessary, but exposure to distribution sales is an advantage.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Manage all domestic Quayside Publishing Group’s sales activity.
• Manages day to day operations of Sales Department. Supervises and directs activities of 14 reports, with responsibility to develop and encourage sales growth.
• Conduct sales meetings. Travel regularly to sales territories to evaluate effectiveness.
• Set sales targets for all key accounts and manage to accountability standards for those targets.
• Set sales targets for all frontlist titles and manage to accountability standards for those targets.
• Work on developing category management profiles in each of our areas in publishing.
• Reviews market analysis or historical data to determine customer needs, and sets price schedules and discount rates accordingly.
• Working with marketing, develop backlist promotions to effectively grow business.
• Work to establish strong relationships with all National Accounts, including both those that are directly sold as well as those for which others sell.
• Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of Quayside Publishing Group’s competition to identify sales opportunities.
• Work closely with CEO on budgeting for accounts, travel, conventions.
• Work with Marketing to effectively budget and track all cooperative advertising monies.
• Analyzes and controls departmental expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Partners with Publishers to develop and grow imprints. Provides sales focus and direction in product development discussions.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Strong and highly developed leadership skills.
• Strong and well developed analytical, communication and creative skills
• Knowledge of, and experience in, wholesale and retail marketing sales techniques and the US book industry
• Understanding of enthusiast publishing preferably within the company's subject categories and with some quantifiable participation
• Open to frequent travel.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales or related field.
• Ten years of sales management experience preferably in the book industry
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match.
Full time benefit offerings may include:
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Time
• Personal Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Roth 401(k)