|Quayside (pronounced keyside) Publishing Group represents a dynamic group of imprints dedicated to providing quality print- and E-Books to its readers. Formed in 2004 upon Rockport Publishers acquisition of Creative Publishing international, the Quayside Publishing Group now encompasses Cool Springs Press, Creative Publishing international, Fair Winds Press, Motorbooks, MVP Books, Quarry Books, Quayside Distribution Services, Quiver, Rockport Publishers, Voyageur Press, Zenith Press and Walter Foster Publishing.|
• Provides overall leadership for operations, customer service, IT, facilities management, inventory control, and production.
• Ensures that daily and long-term disciplines, controls and objectives are created and maintained in order to achieve organizational goals, safeguard assets and drive successful outcomes.
• Provides analytical support for the annual strategy and long range planning process and presents high-level strategy to executive staff and board members.
• Directs and supervises I.T. department in creating plans and budgets to address current and future company needs, analyzing the effectiveness of current processes and information systems, and adopting/developing methods to reduce costs and improve efficiencies while enhancing system performance and information accessibility to all employees.
• Oversee and provides leadership on supply chain and inventory management.
• Partners with Publishers on communicating to Senior Management the current and ongoing financial state of the publishing and editorial strategy, specifically preparing all narratives for quarterly and or budgetary documents.
• Oversees customer relations, sets discounts and trading terms.
• General management responsibilities for the Minneapolis based staff.
• Acts as a role model for professionalism and accountability.
• 4 year Undergraduate Degree in business related field (ie – Finance, Economics, Accounting), MBA preferred, or related work experience.
• Minimum 7 years senior level finance/operations experience, preferably within the publishing/media industry.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to establish a strong organizational climate of control, ensure quality and drive results.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Proven experience in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match.
Full time benefit offerings may include:
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Time
• Personal Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Roth 401(k)