|Quayside (pronounced keyside) Publishing Group represents a dynamic group of imprints dedicated to providing quality print- and E-Books to its readers. Formed in 2004 upon Rockport Publishers acquisition of Creative Publishing international, the Quayside Publishing Group now encompasses Cool Springs Press, Creative Publishing international, Fair Winds Press, Motorbooks, MVP Books, Quarry Books, Quayside Distribution Services, Quiver, Rockport Publishers, Voyageur Press, Zenith Press and Walter Foster Publishing.|
This individual will lead a core team of in-house and freelance marketing managers in creating, planning, and implementing dynamic and innovative marketing strategies and promotional campaigns for Quayside Publishing Group frontlist and backlist books as well as e-books and other products. The campaigns will have an emphasis on creatively reaching end-consumers through traditional press and media, online, social-networking, and enthusiast media outlets to drive sales through traditional, online, and specialty retailers.
The Marketing Director will work closely with publishers, editors, and authors to oversee the development and implementation of advertising both digital and in traditional outlets, gain book reviews, build sales momentum, set up author events, and create collateral materials to support a variety of marketing activities. This individual will foster increased sales and visibility for Quayside products and initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct a team of in-house marketing managers, working closely with publishers, to strategize, plan, and implement innovative marketing campaigns for individual titles and overall lists.
• Create, direct, and oversee marketing plans with specific goals covering books on subject from music to sports; country living and farming; cooking; crafts to home improvement; transportation to history, health, art, and design. These plans shall be designed to generate sales, build brand awareness, and maximize exposure to the target audience through online, print, broadcast, and other channels.
• Develop creative and strategic initiatives to expand the online presence of our products, authors, and brands in social media and other enthusiast-based communities, and maintain a thorough network of contacts within the relevant subject areas.
• Reach out to enthusiast groups and organizations to promote our books and lay the groundwork for special and bulk sales.
• Lead the production of creative press releases, media kits, and supplemental marketing content.
• Research, negotiate with, and manage outside freelance publicists, as needed.
• Analyze and report on the results of marketing initiatives and their impact on sales on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, as appropriate.
• Manage budgets, schedules, and priorities in support of these initiatives, taking into account the appropriate level of resources, target audience, type of media, materials, and associated events.
• Communicate regularly to the company on marketing initiatives, developments, and accomplishments and work with National Account and Specialty Sales Reps to ensure customers are informed of publicity and marketing activity that might support sales efforts in the various channels.
• The marketing director will have personal contact on a day-to-day basis with the publishers, editors, authors, and media contacts.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• Strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
• Experience in national media penetration to both traditional media outlets and direct-to-consumer marketing.
• Highly creative with an ability to conceive of new and innovative approaches to marketing.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with time-management and multi-tasking skills, and ability to set and meet deadlines and budgets.
• Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough knowledge of media, public relations, and publicity organizations and/or book publishing.
• Self-starter with ability to follow through and execute efficiently.
• Willingness to learn and adapt as job and/or organization change.
• Understanding of and appreciation for enthusiasts and enthusiast publishing.
• Computer skills, including familiarity with spreadsheet, word processing, database, and desktop publishing programs.
• Willingness to travel to trade shows or conventions as needed.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• 8+ years experience in marketing of enthusiast or consumer-based products.
• Bachelors degree, preferably in marketing, communication, or business.
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match.
Full time benefit offerings may include:
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Time
• Personal Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Roth 401(k)