|Retail Account Manager - Seattle Based|
|Simon & Schuster|
|Reports to Director of Retail sales. As part of the retail field sales team, responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
* Selling of all Simon & Schuster adult, childrens, audio and distribution clients into independent retail stores within a defined Pacific Northwest / Seattle account base currently totalling 16 accounts and growing. Gross billing responsibility of $4 million + dollars
*Promote and market titles throughout territory striving for placement and promotion utilizing coop and stock offers
* Effectively communicate account and industry trends to corporate sales and marekting personnel through written call reports and participation in weekly conference calls and sales conferences
* Provide customer service to accounts by way of order entry, order tracking, coop claims, sample requests, credit issues
* Manage coop budgets, incentives and stock offers
* Represent S&S at regional trade shows
* Participate in seasonal title presentations meetings
* Ability to identify key S&S titles/lists curated for each account with an eye to growth and goal of growing S&S market share
* Analyze sales trends and identify reorder opportunities for both the frontlist and backlist.
This individual must possess • 3-5 years of prior sales experience •Exceptional interpersonal skills needed with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management • Strong ability to manage many projects simultaneously while attending to details and deadlines • Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint • Show flexibility in learning new databases and how they interface with S&S systems. Forward thinking, energetic problem solver with focused relationship building skills. Active, passionate and dedicated reader.