|CHIEF PRODUCT EVANGELIST|
|You are electric – completely excitable.|
When you get excited, things happen. For no other reason than you were excited.
You know how to rally those around you to create HUGE success.
Does this describe you? If so, we should talk.
This is an incredible time in the history of books! And at Sourcebooks, we are working aggressively to be part of this transformation. We’ve been creating significant growth in one of the most challenging retail environments in recent memory because our employees share a belief that books change lives, that hard work and cooperation create momentum, and that new marketplace realities require an entrepreneurial, innovative, and flexible mentality. Welcome to a new kind of book publishing company.
We’re now looking for a marketing driver – the kind of person that turns singles into doubles and doubles into home runs. We’re looking for energy, ideas, and an insatiable need to win (for our authors, for our retail partners, for readers, for other team members, and for the sheer opportunity to have effected unbelievable impact).
What does a CHIEF PRODUCT EVANGELIST do? You will drive debut authors and proven strong sellers to bigger results than previously envisioned by developing high-octane (and sometimes completely unorthodox) marketing strategies, selling (internally and externally) books and ideas that you love, and leveraging one of the strongest sales and marketing organizations in publishing in order to create real marketplace momentum and word of mouth. Specifically, you will:
• Identify big opportunities within our author and product base and set seemingly unreasonable goals (we love unreasonable goals)
• Develop intense marketing strategies, campaigns, and tactics that will achieve those goals
• Work closely with sales, marketing, and publicity departments to leverage relationships and assets in a way that creates a whole that is MUCH bigger than the sum of its parts
• Integrate real-time sales data and use it to implement new tactics daily in the pursuit of those goals
• Push harder when others give up – especially when breakthrough is on the horizon
Here’s what’s required:
• Proven and verifiable history of awesome ideas that lead to big results
• A strong track record of peer and organizational leadership around your ideas
It would be nice if you had:
• A degree in marketing
• Experience in book publishing
• Experience in direct marketing, consumer products marketing, or media
• Experience in public speaking
• Management experience
Does this sound exciting? If so, please send the following to: email@example.com:
• Cover letter with salary requirements