|Foreign Rights Manager|
|Insight Editions is an award-winning independent illustrated book publisher located in San Rafael, CA. Insight has a startup mentality and a fast growing list. Our program is focused around creating superlatively designed and produced volumes on film, music, photography, gaming, and popular culture.|
Insight Editions is hiring an experienced foreign rights manager to undertake the sales of co-editions, actively supervise sub-rights representatives in international markets, and facilitate the growth of our foreign rights program. Responsibilities include soliciting sub-rights deals for front and backlist titles, maintaining a rights sales database, creating materials and presentations, managing information flow and material requests, tracking contracts, and preparing for rights shows. This is a multi-faceted job in a small-publishing environment within a rapidly growing company. Flexibility, strong organizational skills, a self-starting work ethic, and problem solving skills are a must.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Create and manage work flows to share information, materials, and updates about our books to the foreign rights market.
• Manage and expand a network of rights agents to sell select territories or imprints.
• Route contracts, payments, and maintain rights opportunities and contact database.
• Prepare materials for and represent Insight Editions at foreign rights fairs, including but not limited to London, Frankfurt, and Bologna.
• Create reports that use comprehensive data to measure performance and drive innovation.
• BA/BS required
• 5 or more years of experience in foreign rights sales at a publisher or agency or related field.
• Experience with creating and managing workflows.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to convey measured results.
• Experience working with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and File-maker.
• Contacts within the author, agent or foreign rights industry a plus.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong research skills and familiarity with international rights databases.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with Illustrated book production process.
• Foreign languages and work experience in Europe a plus.