|Editorial Product Manager |
CreateSpace, part of the Amazon group of companies
CreateSpace, part of the Amazon group of companies, is a leader in manufacture on-demand self publishing services for authors, musicians, filmmakers, publishers, film studios, and music labels. If you'd like to help us build a great self-publishing and manufacturing on demand company, this is your chance to help make history in a rapidly-growing fast-paced environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join our Publishing Services team as an Editorial Product Manager in Charleston, SC.
The Editorial Product Manager owns the product offering, product quality, and product customer satisfaction for all editorial services for both our Independent and Publisher customers. This manager will be responsible for delivering the product vision and business requirements for improving all aspects of CreateSpace’s editorial product offerings including copyediting, proofreading and promotional text development.
This position reports to the VAS Services Manager. They will work alongside other Product Managers to establish and ensure service quality standards. This position requires a passion for quality, an eye for detail, and a drive for continuous improvement. Candidates must be able to work cross-departmentally to develop products that deliver a best-in-class customer experience and process improvements that reduce service costs. Candidates should be able to think big, adapt quickly to new software and tools, and above all have a passion for delivering high quality services for customers. Previous editorial experience is required and product management experience is preferred.
• Owns editorial product offerings, product quality, and product customer satisfaction
• Build strong internal relationships and influence internal teams to deliver the right results for the business
• Balances business needs and technical constraints while maximizing business benefit and building great customer experiences
• Builds key performance metrics and measure the performance of our initiatives against these metrics
• Researches, reviews and implements service quality standards
• Work cross-functionally with fulfillment, vendor management, development and other internal teams
• Management support of service fulfillment teams to include weekly meetings and continual SME support
Basic Job Qualifications:
• 7+ years’ experience as a copy chief or editorial lead
• BA/BS required, MA preferred.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Development of editorial systems of guidelines for enterprise scale customers
• Proven track record of product management
• Familiarity with the book publishing industry
• Ability to think critically, analyze quantitatively and problem-solve
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated track record of customer obsession
• Ability to work independently and within a team setting
• Proven ability to build relationships quickly
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects within a given deadline
CreateSpace is part of the Amazon group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.