|Auto req ID: 27974BR|
School/Unit: Harvard University Press
Department: Harvard University Press
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Harvard University Press , acts as Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer of a distinguished university press doing a combined domestic and international business of $20,000,000 in sales per year. Responsible for the following functional areas:
Finance & Accounting
* Manages employees responsible for all HUP finance and accounting, in accordance with accepted accounting principles and University practices; includes fund accounting, nonprofit accounting, royalties , purchasing , inventory management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
* Coordinates planning and organization of the Press's budget, as well as long-range financial planning/forecasting; reports on the budget to the Director, Management Committee, HUP Board of Directors, and University financial departments as required.
* Coordinates internal and external financial/tax reporting and audit activity through University Controllers office, UK accounting firm, and TriLiteral
* Manages employees responsible for IT infrastructure, systems, and procedures of the Press, through procurement and maintenance of Press-specific hardware, software, and related technology.
* Manages employees who collaborate with HUIT on Help Desk services and oversight of IT shared services.
* Strategizes with HUP department heads concerning the IT requirements of future projects and platforms.
* Supervises employees who oversee maintenance and security of the building that houses HUP.
* Responsible for emergency management and environmental preparedness, through membership on the Harvard Local Emergency Management Team (LEMT).
* Provides oversight of facilities in NY and London, and administration of contracts with employee and benefits/retirement brokers.
* Supervises manager of reception and mailroom operations
* In conjunction with MIT and Yale CFOs, supervises TriLiteral Director of Operations, who coordinates customer service, accounts receivable, order entry, credit, and staffing for TriLiteral partners and clients.
* In conjunction with MIT and Yale CFOs, coordinates planning and organization of TriLiterals annual budget, and reports on the budget and long-range strategic/financial initiatives to the Press Directors.
* In conjunction with UK Sales Manager, supervises warehousing and shipping in the United Kingdom through Wiley Warehouse.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as necessary to further the mission of the department.
* MBA or other related advanced degree in financial management or accounting.
* Minimum of 10 years of proven financial leadership, with demonstrated ability to initiate change in complex, organizationally and intellectually dynamic organizations.
* Demonstrable and successful experience in management, fiscal oversight, planning, budgeting, reporting, and development of operational metrics to align organizational strategy to business operations.
* Background in publishing and/or nonprofit organizations.
Additional Qualifications: Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
* Strong collaboration and communication skills and commitment to customer service
* IT knowledge, in particular ERP (Oracle experience preferred), Business Intelligence, CRM, and publishing-specific software
* Distribution, warehousing, and inventory management
* Facilities management, including negotiation with internal and external contractors/vendors
* Long-term project management
* Remote management of employees and facilities.
Pre-Employment Screening: Identity
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/96z6rj6