|Director of Sales and Marketing|
|Harrisonburg, Va., but other locations possible.|
Director of Sales and Marketing for MennoMedia
MennoMedia is the publishing arm of Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Church Canada. We exist to engage and shape church and society with resources for living Christian faith from an Anabaptist perspective. We do this through various print and electronic media, including books, curriculum, periodicals and videos. Our trade book division publishes books under Herald Press.
The Director of Sales and Marketing is a part of the leadership team, reports directly to the Executive Director, and heads a staff of up to 4 FTE.
1. Grow sales capacities beyond the current $3.2 million annual.
2. Strengthen relationship with key accounts, including trade channels and church congregations. Must be able to work with sales representatives.
3. Develop and implement long-range and short-range strategies for all MennoMedia products.
4. Maintain contact with media sources to publicize authors and products, including news stories, press releases, interviews, speaking opportunities.
5. Oversee the creation and posting of promotional content for websites, e-newsletters, blogs and other social media.
6. Oversee the creation of display advertisements, catalogs, brochures, flyers
7. Participate in product selection, design and titling.
8. Sales analysis and projections.
1. Entrepreneurial and creative thinking.
2. Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, communications, public relations or other related fields.
3. 3+ years’ experience in sales/marketing in trade book or curriculum publishing.
4. Ability to use and analyze customer and product databases.
5. Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects, including leading and working with outside contracts and onsite and offsite staff.
6. Ability to meet deadlines
7. Good communication and collaborative skills
8. Strong personal organizational skills, including ability to organize multiple tasks.
9. Basic web-development knowledge and skill, preferred.
1. Passion for sharing Anabaptist Christian values with the church and the world.
2. Knowledge of or willingness to work within Mennonite and related Anabaptist business and church culture.
3. Committed to Mennonite Church emphases in such areas as Christian formation, witness, service, peace, stewardship, anti-racism and church planting in many cultures.