|Book Publishing Distribution & Licensing Sales Opportunity|
Have you negotiated licensing agreements for electronic products? Do you have the contact names of major distributors on speed dial?
Have you negotiated and managed translations and royalty deals? Can you manage multiple projects and prioritize as appropriate?
If so, then join the American Water Works Association and make a difference.
AWWA, located in scenic Denver, Colorado, advances public health by serving the water industry through its publishing program. How can you make a difference?
• You can contribute by using your book publishing and distribution expertise to help provide AWWA’s world-respected technical information to the water community.
• You can participate as a member of our award-winning Publications team by increasing sales of our more than 500 water-related books, manuals, standards, videos, and more (approx. 100 new products annually).
The Manager - Distribution & Licensing Sales leverages their book industry expertise to increase AWWA’s market penetration and publication sales to domestic and international book wholesalers, resellers, electronic distributors/licensees, and other sales outlets. Position identifies, researches, negotiates and manages accounts to meet or exceed revenue targets. ($1.5 million).
• Manage all distribution and licensing contracts to ensure that parties meet established terms.
o Ensure updated data files are sent to licensing partners in a timely fashion according to contract specifications.
• Manage existing national and international book distribution/wholesaler accounts,
o Monitor orders to ensure maximize sales and minimize returns.
• Manage ISBNs and dissemination of related metadata through all channels
• Manage regular title announcement notification of new and relevant titles to all channels.
• Identify, pursue, negotiate and establish high potential customers and license agreements to increase sales of AWWA content.
• Generate and analyze sales and ebook trend reports; develop and implement appropriate strategies based upon data analysis.
Ideal candidate will have bachelors in marketing, communications, or related discipline with ten or more years publishing sales experience to include demonstrated, extensive knowledge of all facets of the publishing industry, especially book distribution, national account sales, contract management, licensing, ebooks, and related ISBN and metadata management. Prior contract licensing work with data aggregators and translations (e.g. ebrary, Techstreet, Elsevier) experience with major distributors (e.g. Ingram,(including Lightning Source) Baker & Taylor, Yankee Book Peddler, Amazon, B&N)) required. Technical book experience preferred. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail essential as is the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all organizational business units including finance and customer service operations. Proficiency in Excel, MS Word, and Outlook required.
AWWA offers a highly competitive benefits package with a retirement savings plan with immediate eligibility for 3% company match and 6% employer contribution. Starting salary range is targeted in the mid $70k.
More information about AWWA is available at www.awwa.org. AWWA is dedicated to equal employment opportunity; minorities and women are encouraged to apply.