|Brilliance Audio, an audiobook publisher part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies, seeks an accomplished Sales professional to facilitate the growth and success of our sales and marketing strategy primarily in the faith and inspirational market. Brilliance Audio has published thousands of books from over 1,000 authors you know and love (Max Lucado, Stephen Covey, Karen Kingsbury, Debbie Macomber, Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, among others) to become a leader in our industry. |
The National Sales Leader will be a member of the Brilliance Publishing Sales team responsible for increasing revenue through existing channels and innovating strategies to grow physical product sales of audiobooks and print books in new markets. In this role you will have the ability to work very independently and have bias for action to execute new initiatives and strategic projects to deliver results. Flexibility, sharp organizational and process-oriented skills, a self-starting work ethic, and a love of selling are absolute musts.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Manage sales relationships and call on key accounts. Key accounts include wholesale, retail, independent, and both traditional and non-traditional Christian markets. You will set and achieve sales goals, make list presentations to buyers, and coordinate / craft results-driven advertising/marketing through wholesale clients.
• Identify and manage non-traditional sales opportunities including gift and specialty channels.
• Act as primary point person for in-house cross functional teams including marketing for key accounts, author sales, production, and editorial for this segment.
• Create reports that use comprehensive data to measure performance and drive innovation.
• Represent Brilliance Publishing at trade shows, special author or industry events, etc.
• Collaborate in the development of new products and support sales/business development across all channels and manage development within the Christian/Inspiration channel.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years of sales, business development or corporate development experience.
• Able to travel at least 30% of the time.
• Advanced experience using MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Demonstrated skills in sales forecasting, sales goal attainment, metrics reporting, and product presentations.
• Experience with business models, strategy development and data analysis
• Quantifiable understanding of the book industry and specifically faith based or Christian market experience. Experience demonstrating the ability to sell a large selection of both back and front list material.
• Strong verbal and written communications skill and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated skills in development of relationships.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.