|Brain Hive is reimagining the eBook model for teaching and learning, offering the first on-demand eBook service for K-12. With a year of business as foundation and an enthusiastic market response to our innovative business model, we’re ready for nationwide expansion. We’re looking for an energetic, hard-working, and driven National Sales Director who will thrive in an entrepreneurial, startup environment to join our team!|
This position reports to the company president and will work closely with product development and marketing teams.
• Strengthen Brain Hive’s market position and accelerate revenue growth.
• Identify and qualify major account opportunities and leads, network with Brain Hive customers, speak publicly, participate actively in Brain Hive events, and leverage and grow existing major account relationships—particularly the top 100 school districts.
• Oversee development of winning proposals which clearly define the benefits of Brain Hive, with particular focus on large school purchasing consortiums and state departments of education.
• Build and nurture relationships with superintendents, department heads, etc., and develop and maintain a full business pipeline of prospective school accounts.
• Apply a thorough understanding of the educational marketplace, industry trends, funding developments and Brain Hive services to all presentations.
• Develop tailored sales strategies for target accounts to achieve company revenue goals and 100% of established sales targets.
• Manage third-party partner sales relationships as needed.
• Represent company at trade shows and in online and face-to-face speaking engagements.
• Provide regular sales and progress reports on key accounts and contacts. Measure progress and make improvements to adjust strategy, implementation, and execution where necessary to achieve sales goals, as well as keep company president abreast of all important client developments and issues.
• Use relationship-building skills to understand key strategies/initiatives, strengths, key national and regional growth opportunities, and convey this knowledge to the president and team members to help outpace market growth with the accounts.
• Identify market trends and new ways to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Maintain regular, frequent communication with all departments ensuring thorough awareness of client needs and feedback.
• Identify and communicate competitor activities and other industry activities that affect product management.
• Closely and cooperatively working with marketing and customer service on interdepartmental initiatives and activities.
• Actively participate in the sales and marketing planning meetings to establish strategies, goals and objectives for each year.
• Passion and commitment for K-12 education and student success.
Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
Preferred education: MBA or equivalent advanced degree
• 5-7+ years of proven and successful track record of direct business-to-business sales with a minimum of two years of success in sales management. Extensive experience in the development and execution of the sales process to close the business.
• Demonstrated success selling educational technology solutions to K-12 school districts and state departments of education.
• Proven knowledge of the education sector, state and local budget and adoption timelines and processes for technology-based materials; success leveraging federal and state funds for the purchase of technology-based instructional materials and services.
• Ability to thrive and succeed in a startup, entrepreneurial environment with resilient focus on achieving membership growth and revenue targets in a new market.
• Strong collaborative, team building skills necessary, as well as ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company.
• Determined self-starter with high energy and motivation. Ability to work autonomously with little day-to-day supervision and effective time management skills.
• Must have experience with and willingness to identify and cultivate new accounts and use CRM and prospecting tools.
• Must have the ability to think creatively and strategically; demonstrated ability to plan and execute sales strategies in a start-up environment.
• Proven ability to interact with customers in a consultative, face-to-face selling environment in a way that builds value for the customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office and Internet and mobile applications.
Must be able to travel domestically as needed, up to 30-50%.