|Books-A-Million, Inc. is the second largest book retailer in the nation and also sells on the Internet at www.booksamillion.com. The Company presently operates over 250 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia. We are currently recruiting dedicated, outgoing individuals who are customer-service oriented. |
• Achieve Sales, Inventory, and Gross Margin Goals
• Maintenance of all current product lines associated with both Retail products and Cost of Goods supplier.
• Identify, analyze, and pursue category trends
• Work with Store Operations and Marketing Teams with Planograms, Product Information and Merchandise Updates
• Collaborate with the Director of Training on Training Programs for store associates
• Determine purchasing requirements by reviewing inventories and purchase requests.
• Determine specifications by analyzing use requirements; consulting with users.
• Identify suppliers by researching materials, equipment, and supplies availability; evaluate alternatives; verify supplier performance record and certification.
• Obtain quotes by forwarding requirements to supplier.
• Place orders after negotiating price, terms, and developing marketing plan.
• Ensure product, materials, equipment, and supplies availability by tracking and expediting delivery.
• Resolve discrepancies by comparing purchase order to delivery documentation; obtaining credits and refunds.
• Maintain historical records by filing and retrieving purchasing documents.
• Improve quality results by analyzing materials, equipment, supplies, and supplier reliability and recommending changes.
• Provide purchasing, planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Update job knowledge by attending trade shows; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Minimum of 5 years retail buying experience.
• Experience in managing a retail store and/or managing specialty product lines.
• Experience in inventory management, assortment planning, sales planning and store promotions.
• Documentation skills, excellent verbal communication, knowledge of tracking budget expenses and decision making skills.