|Company Information: |
Teacher Created Materials' mission is to publish quality-research based, educational books and materials in all curricular areas for teachers and students at all grade and skill levels. TCM provides a broad spectrum of both quality resources and professional teacher training. While remaining grounded in sound educational practice, TCM likewise maintains educational vision and an open ear to educators and their changing needs.
Shell Education is a leading supplemental publishing company dedicated to creating high quality professional resources for educators and parents. We have a well respected reputation for ease of use, effectiveness and engaging students. Our product line includes language arts, science, reading, mathematics, social studies and technology in K-12 market. Teacher Created Materials Library, distributed by Shell Education, sells single title fiction and nonfiction readers in both paperback and library binding for classroom and school/public library collections.
Business-to-Business Sales Manager: Online, Retail, Mass and Specialty Markets in the U.S. and Canada
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, leading and implementing the sales and channel distribution online and in-store.
• Building on the existing infrastructure, especially as it relates to online, retail, specialty, mass and distributors.
• Build on existing product base by leading product segmentation, slicing and repackaging into new commodities for various channels both online and in-store.
• Drive sales opportunities within the assigned accounts as well as new markets.
• Develop new business opportunities leveraging network of customers, current client relationships, and prospect leads.
• Achieve defined sales objectives.
• Ensure customer satisfaction with responsive account management.
• BS/BA required
• 5+ years in professional sales in retail/mass and online or related specialty/nontraditional markets, preferably within the publishing sector.
• Thorough knowledge of retail merchandising both online and in-store, decision process, operation fulfillment and key business-to-business partners.
• Experience working with and proven success selling into multiple channels – retail, online, mass, specialty etc.
• Must have a track record of achieving assignment quotas, leading coordination of and responding to complex proposals.
• Highly articulate, solid communicator and fast learner.
• Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong business and technical knowledge.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Proven success negotiating large merchandising and placement opportunities.
• Proven success as an account executive/sales executive in previous roles.
• Must be able to create and execute business plans, and be detail oriented with excellent planning and follow up skills.
• Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic and excellent track record of success.
• 30% Travel required
• Experience using Salesforce.com
• Frequent travel by airplane and automobile.
• Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
• Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Work Conditions: Home office; frequent traveling.
How to Apply:
Teacher Created Materials is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity employer. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please go to www.tcmpub.com/careers to complete an application and submit your resume and cover letter. Forms can be submitted to email@example.com with reference to Job ID# B2BSlsMgr0613 in the subject line. Submissions without a completed application, resume, and cover letter will not be considered.