|International Sales Director|
|San Rafael, CA|
|Insight Editions, based in San Rafael CA and one of the fastest growing independent book publishers in the US, has a position for an International Sales Director. In this role you will be responsible for organizing the sales in all international markets from co-editions and rights, to retailers, distributors and wholesalers globally to ensure the company’s publications are effectively adapted and sold in channel globally..|
Core Job Responsibilities
· Create and manage workflows to share information, materials, and updates about our books across all sales channels.
· Oversee and expand publishing and distribution partners in all key markets globally.
· Prepare materials for and represent Insight Editions at foreign rights fairs including but not limited to London, Frankfurt, Bologna, etc.
· Create reports that use comprehensive data to measure performance and identify opportunities
· Define formats and repurpose titles to meet the individual needs of specific markets and partners.
· Identify and secure orders from large retailers and wholesalers in key markets internationally.
· Participate in developing the publishing program to meet the needs of specific markets and partners in the various territories.
· Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years experience in internationally focused co-edition publishing either in the USA or Europe.
· Proven track record of selling books in international markets in the co-edition, rights, and export channels.
· The ability to deal with established clients all over the world and open up new relationships in foreign markets.
· Prior experience traveling and selling in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and other markets..
· Excellent negotiating skills, and ability to secure deals.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of foreign languages a plus.
· A thorough knowledge of book publishing, the editorial process, and an understanding of illustrated book publishing are essential.
· Good business skills to create and maintain P & L’s, and understand margins and cash flows.
· The ability to train and lead a small US based sales team and to identify and appoint representatives in key foreign markets.
· Knowledge of the movie, gaming, and entertainment industry working with brand licensors will be a plus.
· Frequent overseas travel will be essential.
· The job is based in San Rafael, Marin, California.
Insight Editions enjoys an unparalleled reputation for innovation, quality, and commercial success made possible by its strong relationships with a large number of well-known entertainment companies and individuals. It operates in the US as both a publisher and packager, and sells its books in twenty languages in over forty countries.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a growing publisher who continues to develop their niche in the publishing industry. The salary will be commensurate with experience and the package will comprise a good base salary with benefits, plus an annual bonus based upon achievement at certain revenue goals