|Keen Communications is seeking a Director of Sales to fuel growth as it continues to innovate the way outdoor adventure and travel content is produced and used. |
Maintaining key relationships with industry partners and developing effective new direct-to-consumer sales channels and business models all figure heavily in the Director’s day-to-day activities. The Director of Sales is responsible for growing and coordinating business through retailers, specialty wholesalers, corporate programs, and outdoor enthusiast markets.
Keen Communications’ publishing program includes books under the Wilderness Press, Menasha Ridge Press, Clerisy Press, and The Unofficial Guide imprints, and is focused on changing the way books are created and content is delivered around the world. The Director of Sales helps shape the scope and development of new business models and the implementation of technology solutions, while focusing on the end-user.
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
• 5 years publishing sales experience with a proven record of exceeding sales goals
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively based on revenue potential
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to deal with established clients and open up new relationships in growth markets
• A thorough knowledge of book publishing, the editorial process, and a big-picture understanding of book publishing are essential.
• The ability to train in-house sales associates
• Ability to travel 8-12 times per year
• Knowledge of the outdoor industry will be a plus.
Essential job duties in this role include:
• Achieve financial goals for sales and profitability.
• Increase sales and activity within existing accounts.
• Monitor the app, book, ebook, and online markets to help inform product development and identify viable sales opportunities.
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge for all frontlist and backlist books.
• Call on existing accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and incremental sales growth.
• Monitor current marketing and technology efforts to help identify new areas of growth.
• Collaborate with marketing team to produce presentations and other collateral for book fairs, outdoor-oriented festivals, and direct presentation to corporate customers.
• Work with internal teams to acquire/produce content to sell through different business models.
• Perform competitive analysis and sales reporting.
• Negotiate content service agreements with clients and partners.
• Document and provide customer feedback to product team.
Based in the greater-Cincinnati area, this position requires a highly motivated individual who would like to join an aggressively creative content publisher. The salary will be commensurate with experience and the package includes a good base salary with benefits and an annual bonus option.