|Race Point Publishing is seeking a talented, extremely organized, and highly motivated individual for the position of Managing Editor. The chosen candidate will oversee the publishing calendar and editorial schedules and will work closely with Race Point’s Production Manager to help oversee the production schedule of approximately 175-200 book, calendar, and gift items annually. The Managing Editor will coordinate directly with editorial, design, and production to ensure that all projects stay on schedule and conform both to the Chicago Manual of Style and our house style. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-starter who is able to juggle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines.|
Key Results Areas
A. Prepare manuscripts for design and production.
B. Manage the copyediting and proofreading process on assigned books, calendars and gifts, including collating proofs and checking all corrections.
C. Hire and oversee freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers.
D. Manage Race Point’s production schedule, which includes approximately 30 book titles and over 150 journals, calendars, and stationery items.
E. Closely coordinate with editorial, production, and design personnel to ensure book production is running smoothly and within deadlines.
A. Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) and to work collaboratively.
• Highly proficient at analyzing process and workflow to improve product or process.
• Demonstrated ability to challenge established norms when appropriate.
• Proven ability to build constructive relationships both within and outside of the company.
• Success in project management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (InDesign is a plus).
• Superior command of English and familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style.
B. Education & Experience
• BA in English or other relevant major or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum three years’ experience managing production or editing books or other printed published material.
Race Point Publishing is dedicated to producing high quality illustrated books, calendars, kits, journals and stationery items in a variety of subjects ranging from art, cooking and crafts to entertainment, performing arts, and the natural sciences. As a publisher of illustrated reference and lifestyle titles, we strive to balance both form and function to deliver authoritative content in a beautiful package that will delight and inspire the consumer.
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match. Full time benefit offerings may include:
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time
Personal Time Off, Holidays
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
AD&D, Flexible Spending Plans
401(k), Roth 401(k)