|Sr. Developmental Book Editor|
|Greenleaf Book Group|
|Greenleaf Book Group is seeking an experienced senior developmental book editor. The ideal candidate has solid credentials with major trade or independent publishers in nonfiction, specifically the business genre. He or she is versed in nonfiction genre trends and takes ownership of the manuscript from concept to press, providing editorial direction and education for authors. |
The developmental editor
• meets with prospective authors to discuss project marketability and author goals,
• collaborates with authors on high-level conceptual work to develop book structure and message,
• coaches authors through progressive iterations of their manuscripts, and
• performs heavy structural editing as necessary to prepare the final draft for production.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of five years’ editorial experience, preferably with a trade book publisher
• Ability to work with authors in a collaborative manner
• Ability to work independently and still be an integral part of the team
• Ability to contribute to the overall direction and processes of the editorial department
• Proven ability to meet or exceed deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style
• Strong computer skills (both Mac and PC); proficiency with MS Office applications a must
• a collaborative, progressive, and fun work environment,
• an intelligent, driven, and friendly staff,
• an entrepreneurial environment with consistent year-over-year growth, and
• salary plus benefits: medical, disability, prescription, life, holidays, vacation, retirement plan, flexible spending account, HSA, and profit sharing
Position is located in the Austin, Texas, area.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of publishing credits to Carrie Jones, Director of Production (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line “Senior Editor.” No visits or phone calls, please.