Bloomsbury is currently seeking a dynamic Associate Publicist with a proven track record to carry out successful campaigns for a variety of high quality fiction and non-fiction titles in the Bloomsbury and Bloomsbury Press imprints.
The Associate Publicist will:
• Work independently publicizing books and authors of both fiction and nonfiction, ranging from literary fiction to biography and history to cookbooks.
• Schedule interviews with national, regional and local broadcast, print and online media, developing proper angles and pitches.
• Brief and prepare authors for media interviews.
• Schedule author tours with both traditional bookstore appearances and off-site partnered events.
• Actively develop and maintains media contacts, including national, regional, local and online.
• Write press releases and pitch letters, and other promotional book campaign materials.
• Work closely with colleagues in marketing (includes digital), sales, and editorial departments.
• 1-3 years prior work experience in publicity (with part of that time preferably at the Associate Publicist level), with an emphasis working on titles in these categories: biography, culture, current events, economics, history, literature, politics, and science
• Strong relationships with top-line traditional print and broadcast media as well as digital media, and familiarity with local media and event venues in major markets for author tours
• Proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of the media and familiarity with book reviewers, magazine editors, producers, and bloggers
• Understanding of digital media, including bloggers and social media
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess excellent organization skills and great attention to detail
• A college degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with CisionPoint and Publicity Assistant a plus