|Position Summary: |
- Build an understanding of the customer/client needs and expectations within your area of accountability.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with external individuals/parties in order to create opportunities for the Company to meet financial goals.
- Advise and consult with customers/clients on options available to them in order to help them achieve their targets and goals.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Receive and answer incoming telephone calls and communications from customers in order to solve customer problems/requests.
- Understand customers' business needs and issues; understand opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions.
- Meet with senior level buyers in order to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer using information collected during the account discovery process to ensure plan meets customer needs.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Develop customer call strategies to interact with buyers (coaches, gatekeepers) in order to gain access to senior level buyers.
- Coordinate implementation of agreed upon activities (e.g., trade shows, product training, regional workshops) within geographical responsibility in order to execute plan.
- Identify opportunities consistent with the objectives, priorities and strategies of assigned customers through discovery in order to prioritize potential focus area(s).
- Review with the customer how the recommended solutions are linked to customer's needs to highlight Teacher Created Materials' commitment to customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years in professional sales in the education or related industries
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Communicating Effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
- Exerting Personal Influence: Persuading others to support or agree with an idea, issue, or position.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Knowledge of the Business: understands value from a customer perspective; stays informed; understands the organization; understands the educational market
- Building Value Based Relationships: explores opportunities for relationships; identifies relationship needs; facilitated mutual agreement; develops credibility; maintains open lines of communication.
- Frequent travel by airplane and automobile.
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Work Conditions: Home office; frequent traveling.
How to Apply:
Teacher Created Materials is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please go to www.tcmpub.com/careers to download a job application. Please submit your resume and completed application to email@example.com with reference to Job ID#OpsAnalyst0114 in the subject line of your email. Submissions without a completed application and resume will not be considered.