|The Junior Sales Representative will work at our New York office - Library Journal / School Library Journal.|
The Junior Sales Representative will support an Account Executive with their accounts and maintain their own book of business. This position will allow an individual to grow within our organization while developing their individual sales skills. This is an entry level sales position.
Accordingly, the position requires excellence in relationship building, strong customer service orientation, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring multi-tasking and prioritizing, professional demeanor with excellent written and oral communication skills a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint is required; Minimum 1-3 years ad sales experience; account management preferred. Knowledge of library markets highly desirable.
• Manage specific accounts as assigned / Account book of business/Prospecting new business
• Performs sales calls with furniture vendors / supply vendors, book publishers, video vendors
• Cultivate new relationships / prospect & outreach
• Troubleshoot, problem-solve w/ existing accounts
• Assist Account Executive in administrative capacity, which may include mail (snail/email) distribution, data entry, account servicing, mailing sales information and performing follow up phone calls.
• Establish initial and immediate contact with new lead-generation prospects.
• Ensure all CRM opportunity, contact, and account information is up-to-date and accurate.
• Additional duties as assigned as Junior Sales Representative role evolves.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Written & Oral Communication Skills / Regularly use moderately complex oral and written skills:
• Presentations to management and/or clients-prospects.
• Frequent contact with others outside of workgroup, both inside and outside the organization.
• Communicate with others in functional areas within the organization and various levels outside the organization.
• Decision-Making & Problem Solving
• Opportunities and issues are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation/need. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices relying on guidance and direction from Ad Sales Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a sales or marketing admin position. The ideal candidate is one who wants to pursue a career in sales.
• Ability to retain information on a short and long term basis.
• Ability to schedule, organize and execute assigned tasks and understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long term disability, Basic & Supplemental Life, Flexible Spending, Paid Time Off, 401k.