|New York, NY or Naperville, IL|
|Sourcebooks is looking for a dynamic, motivated individual to join our innovative team in the role of Senior Publicist. This position is located in either our home office in Naperville, IL, or our midtown New York City office. The Senior Publicist’s responsibility is to introduce readers to their next favorite author through super-creative publicity and marketing strategies for a wide range of books. You will work closely with authors in order to transform their personal passion and creativity into a campaign to reach potential readers in traditional and new media as well as through conferences, events, and word of mouth marketing. The Senior Publicist is hands-on in the creation of the overall marketing strategy and works closely with editors, marketers, and sales people to turn a manuscript into a national bestseller!|
The Senior Publicist we want will:
• Believe that creativity and passion are the electricity that powers a great idea to become reality. You don’t see a press release as an item on a check list but rather as a rare and precious opportunity to tell a GREAT story!
• Be agile. We have a very creative, high-pressure environment. Sourcebooks is known by our customers as a company who listens to what the market is saying. When we are passionate about something but results are lagging, we come at it from a new direction until we find what works. When a spark occurs unexpectedly, we run to find a gas can in order to create a wild fire.
• Dream big dreams. This is a company where big dreams are celebrated and small dreams are challenged. If you like to think about “what if…” or “why can’t we…” you would love it here. A publicist at Sourcebooks was responsible for leading the company to the biggest pre-order event in our history simply because she wanted to make the impossible reality.
• Collaborate and successfully work with the sales, marketing and editorial teams in order to craft the right message for the right audience and to develop a strategy that will send that message everywhere.
• Be driven by impact. Some people say that publicity is a marketing effort that can’t be measured. We disagree! We look for (and find) the tangible ways in which PR is driving sales and we are wired up to drive against those activities with the biggest impact.
• Commit to an idea with passion and enthusiasm, and know when to change gears and let the Idea go. Be self-motivated, with strong communication skills and a desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience in publicity or marketing of consumer products; publishing experience and a love of books is strongly preferred
• Strong relationship-building skills. The ability to cultivate relationships with media to build trust amongst authors and peers is key
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• A desire to grow in a public relations or marketing communications career