|#1125 Sales Manager|
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
SALARY: $3,660.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2,088 annual hours) position
CLASSIFICATION: 11L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Sales & Marketing Manager
POSTING DATE: April 25, 2014
DEADLINE DATE: Application materials must be received by May 16, 2014.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for a Sales Manager to manage the sales program at MNHS Press by promoting the sale of MNHS Press books in both the academic and trade markets; managing exhibits at trade shows and conferences; and providing detailed sales analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) oversee all MNHS Press trade sales; 2) oversee all MNHS Press academic sales; 3) maintain and update various press databases and title file information databases and feeds, 4) manage exhibits at trade shows and conferences; 5) analyze and plan sales; and 6) manage the Minnesota History Magazine subscription process.
• Bachelor’s degree plus five years program experience or equivalent OR an advanced degree plus three years program experience or equivalent.
• Sales or retail experience.
• Experience with audience identification, pricing, sales forecasting, and sales analysis.
• Knowledge of current publishing industry practices and trends.
• Demonstrated ability to plan programs, set and meet deadlines; and work within a budget.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate orally, including sales presentations, and in writing, including printed pieces and online content.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of diverse tasks.
• Facility with social media.
• Facility with data and databases.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with scholarly and general interest business-to-business and direct-to-consumer book and e-book sales.
• Knowledge of marketing scholarly and general interest publications of regional and national scope.
• Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop.
• Working knowledge of Access or Filemaker.
• Copywriting experience.
• Experience with personnel management, including experience providing work direction to volunteers and interns.
• Experience selling to national accounts.
TO APPLY: Submit MNHS Application for Employment, (available at www.mnhs.org/about/jobs), cover letter, resume, and if applicable, any supplemental forms. Application materials must be complete and received by the application deadline date in order to be considered by one of the methods below:
Attn: SALES MANAGER
Minnesota Historical Society
345 Kellogg Boulevard West
St. Paul, MN 55102-1906
OR BY EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
OR BY FAX: 651-297-3343
Incomplete application materials will be returned. If submitting materials for more than one position, you must provide MNHS Application for Employment, cover letter, and resume for each position.
Applicants who are offered employment will be subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. EEO Applications will be acknowledged
- No phone calls please -