|Chronicle Books seeks an experienced salesperson to join our Specialty Retail sales team. The Associate Sales Manager, Specialty Markets is responsible for both Special Market sales account management (80%) and new account development (20%). We seek a highly motivated individual with proven specialty sales experience, and a track record of success with business development. Strong candidates possess excellent communication and presentation skills, an appreciation for collaboration, business savvy, and a clear focus on strengthening client relationships.|
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Meet/exceed sales targets with Chronicle Books and all distribution partners.
• Increase sales at all existing accounts; research and open new accounts; revive dormant accounts.
• Focused and assertive approach to opening new business, regularly documenting activities and opportunities. Ability to close new business opportunities.
• Create sales strategy annually--account by account and title by title--to increase revenue and grow market share.
• Sell aggressively, submit thoroughly, follow-up tenaciously.
• Drive partnership with accounts for better placement, additional sales opportunities, and increased exposure throughout the account’s organization (web, outlet, home, stationery, etc.).
• Forecast upcoming monthly sales; communicate changes to management weekly.
• Report monthly on sales results, account business, competitive titles at each account, etc.; report periodically on account presentations, business reviews, and retail visits
• Manage all day-to-day business, such as managing purchase orders, tracking future ships and quotations, handling account queries and paperwork, materials requests, etc.
• Partner with marketing to devise creative, effective promotional opportunities; assist accounts in increasing their sell-through and ensuring faster turns
• Consistently seek greater understanding of each account’s customer and communicate those details to marketing, editorial, etc.
• Manage an assistant within the group. Mentor, manage and delegate tasks with an expectation of accuracy and effectiveness.
• Represent Chronicle Books at various trade shows or other events as needed
• Three to five years of Specialty Retail Sales management experience in book or gift industry.
• Proven success with business development, opening at least 2-4 new accounts annually. Cold calling experience a plus.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated success in project management and meeting deadlines.
• Strong collaboration skills and individual motivation.
• Knowledge and mastery of Salesforce, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.