|Marketing Assistant - Special Interests|
|New York, NY|
The Marketing Assistant -- Special Interest supports the Senior Marketing Manager to develop and implement campaigns (online and offline) that drive consumer awareness of approximately 30 special interest titles per season. Categories include Nautical, Sports & Fitness, Natural History, and Popular Science in the Americas.
Major duties include:
• Keeping track of the seasonal publishing schedule
• Preparing materials for all major meetings with the Macmillan sales team
• Social media – maintaining a schedule of promotions and meeting growth goals across all Bloomsbury adult social media sites, communicating with authors on best practices
• Building and maintaining lists bloggers and online contacts for marketing purposes
• Updating back-end systems with sales/marketing information
• Assisting in the creation, editing and distribution of author and book videos
• Admin duties may include: coding invoices, coordinating mailings, scheduling meetings, creating and distributing weekly reports
• Bachelors Degree in a related field
• Keen Eye for Detail: Basic duties require candidates to be extremely well organized and possess strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Ideal candidate will excel at time management, will have strong organizational, writing and communication skills, and work well within a team and individually.
• Experience in running and growing social media for a company or organization (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.) in a results-oriented environment is preferred.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel required), basic HTML and/or website design and Photoshop an enormous plus.
• Prior book publishing/office experience preferred but not required