|Chronicle Books offers a rare opportunity to an accomplished Sales leader with extensive book publishing/Trade Sales experience. If you are a collaborative, charismatic leader with over 10 years’ experience managing a publishing sales team and possess an effective results-orientated approach to developing and growing business, you could be our next Executive Director of Sales. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, this role provides the overall leadership and direction to the domestic sales department across all market channels with the goal to meet and exceed company sales and operating income goals, including the sales goals of our distribution partners. |
• Provide strategic direction and leadership to Sales department across all market channels
• Supervise and support the managers and directors of each market channel (Trade, Specialty, and Mass Markets), providing the overall strategic direction that will maximize revenues and profits in all areas
• Have a key understanding of US marketplace, market channels and key customers in order to profitably grow sales and market share, and penetration.
• Identify the key opportunities at retailers and maximize the sales potential through strategic planning; these plans should include growing net sales and managing business to improve gross margins
• Collaborate with other Executive Directors (Marketing, Distribution, Finance) on budgeting, channel performance goals and key title planning
• Maintain and grow the overall performance of the Chronicle Books customer base, including leading new customer acquisition strategy and initiatives and tracking
• 10+ years of experience managing a large sales team, preferably in the trade publishing industry.
• Strong business sense and understanding of the drivers of a successful and profitable sales and retail merchandising programs
• Experience in building and managing a high performance sales team; refined results-orientated leadership style centered on staff engagement and development and the championing of our publishing program
• Experience working in a sales-driven environment and having extensive retailer relationships and insights that deliver successful sales programs, initiatives, promotions and recommendations
• Flexible and transparent approach, demonstrating a honed collaborative work style centered on small teams
Who We Are
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books and gift product. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed. At Chronicle Books, we see things differently: we believe in collaboration, we focus on design and quality, and we have a passion for surprising and delighting our readers. We think this makes an exciting and special place to create our publishing.