Auto req ID: 33077BR
School/Unit: Harvard University Press
Location: USA - MA - Cambridge
Job Function: Communications
Schedule: Mon. - Fri. 9am - 5pm (35hrs/wk.)
Department: Sales and Marketing
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities: Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the Platform Sales Associate (PSA) will play a critical role in identifying and engaging potential customers for digital platforms published by Harvard University Press, including the Digital Loeb Classical Library and the Digital Dictionary of American Regional English. The PSA will populate and maintain a customer database, arrange trial subscriptions, provide training, negotiate licenses, and manage ongoing customer support.
• Become fully conversant in features and capabilities of HUP digital platforms.
• Proactively engages with customers to gain insight, communicate new and improved product functionality, and identify opportunities.
• Maintains client base and corresponding retention volume by undertaking analysis, research, negotiation, and other activities that increase and solidify customer loyalty to HUP platforms.
• Identifies, manages, and resolves issues via collaboration with internal teams such as Sales, Marketing, Editorial, and Accounting.
• Learns and maintains proprietary Account Management System alongside external customer interaction database.
• Provides regular internal reporting on sales completed and in-process.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, plus at least 3 years' related experience in publishing and customer service OR library information science.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills; fluency in English.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
• Creative problem solver and decision maker, with enthusiasm and focus to reach positive outcomes.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, making decisions based on data and good judgment and drawing on resources to support decision making when appropriate.
• Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
• Capacity to learn and effectively utilize Account Management System and other programs relevant to the role.
• Advanced degree in Library Science a plus!
Pre-Employment Screening: Identity
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/9xwzjcy