JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|San Diego, CA|
|Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change every day. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.|
Reporting to the Sponsoring Editor, the Development Editor (DE) is a full-time position located in San Diego, CA. The DE is responsible for development of editorial content within the Editorial Department at Bridgepoint Education. The DE, in collaboration with Sponsoring Editors and other team members, is responsible for ensuring the successful development and editing of print and digital products. The DE will work closely with authors, editorial team members, and additional internal staff. This position will be responsible for helping to conceptualize content, writing development guidelines, analyzing reviews, and providing writing and organizational direction to authors in order to meet or exceed student and institutional needs, budget requirements, and schedules. The DE conceptualizes new and effective learning strategies through content development, contracts with freelancers, collaborates with the editorial team, and creates and successfully executes development plans resulting from competitive benchmarking and examination of general market trends.
Essential Job Duties:
• Work closely with authors from project signing to completion to insure quality content development for print and media projects; assist Sponsoring Editors with additional content and ancillary development where needed.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Work with editorial staff to appropriately set priorities and deadlines while managing content development through the project lifecycle, including contracting with freelancers.
• Flexibility & Perseverance: Gives 100% effort and is able to adapt, adjust and remain driven through adversity.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
• Experience with competitive development, including benchmarking, reviews, and market research.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.