JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Associate Director of Publicity, Trade|
|THE OPPORTUNITY |
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. The Company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and the Company’s Internet Site, http://www.scholastic.com. You can also visit the Company blog at http://www.oomscholasticblog.com.
The Associate Director will implement innovative publicity plans and campaigns for both children’s and young adult book authors/illustrators each season for key titles, brands, and franchises as assigned—with a special focus on graphic novels. The Associate Director will create comprehensive tour schedules, including travel and events, arrange media interviews, create press materials, and develop media contacts. Must have experience securing national and local media for print, TV, radio, and online. The position also will include working closely with the marketing, editorial and sales departments; attending meetings and events, as well as travel as part of author tours and conference participation. The Associate Director will report directly to the VP of Publicity.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 96 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong interest in children’s books.
• This fast-paced role requires the ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential. Minimum 5-10 years book PR experience required.
• The position also requires the following: experience writing press releases and pitch letters and interacting with the media; ability to work in a collaborative environment, to interact with authors, the press, and other colleagues; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
• Some management experience and familiarity with media databases such as Cision and Publicity Assistant a plus.