|To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!|
Summary: The Quarto Group is seeking a Director of Marketing and Publicity, Adult Books USA to direct the publicity and marketing program for Quarto’s illustrated adult imprints into the American marketplace, across 14 imprints and 10 subject verticals, approximately 400 +/- books a year. This individual will have at least 5 years' publicity and marketing experience with illustrated books. This strong team leader will collaborate across a broad range of disparate publishers and publishing programs.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
• Direct and plan publicity program for the Adult Lists, developing relationships, directing marketing managers on pitching each title, and ensuring top exposure in all relevant media and blogs
• Plan, direct and execute Marketing program for the Adult List, including advertising, mailings, print promotions, cooperative retail marketing and display marketing and merchandising, partnership marketing, product placement, and so on
• Direct and plan a gift publicity and marketing strategy for both the gift list and for gift-able books to the gift channel and the gift market, as well as within their core subject markets
• Both within the adult team and across to children’s develop shared best practice for Quarto, setting up tools and resources for a range of marketing strategies to be used across all subject areas and imprints as appropriate
• Set and meet annual plans and marketing budgets for the Adult list, in collaboration with your colleagues
• Hold weekly meetings with the global Publishing and Sales teams for the Adult lists to present plans, progress, and gather feedback and to collaboratively develop ongoing plans for the list
• Ensure team is working closely with authors, coaching, directing, and integrating their promotional activities with those being executed in house
• Lead publicists and list marketers to build and maintain relationships with key Adult reviewers and media for their subject lists
• Lead team in executing blog tours and any media tours and/or events as needed, including NYC
• Research, negotiate with, and manage outside freelance marketing resources as needed
• Work in partnership with the global Publishers, Editors and Authors from all Adult’s lists
Do you have the following skills and qualifications:
Broad understanding of adult illustrated book market
Strong and proven relationships with a wide range of adult illustrated book reviewers
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office systems and applications
Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of publishers and priorities
5-10 years’ experience planning and executing and leading publicity for an illustrated adult book list
...then we want to hire you!
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.