JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Executive | Artistic Director|
|San Antonio, Texas|
|MAKE A DIFFERENCE!|
San Antonio — firmly planted in Native American, Spanish, and Mexican history, along with later German, Czech, Polish, and other settlements — today has a metro area population of 2.2 million and is on the cutting edge of clean energy, biomedical, and cyber-security industries. This seventh largest city in the U.S. is also 15-25% functionally illiterate in English, depending on who’s counting. If you see a major disconnect in this picture and are community-oriented and passionate about literature and literacy, read on.
Gemini Ink, the only literary arts center in South Central Texas, seeks an ardent Executive | Artistic Director who can actively build on its mission to nurture writers and readers through literature and the related arts and who:
• Understands and can articulate how and why literature and literacy are inseparable
• Knows the work of diverse contemporary writers and writing – including literary, popular, regional, and global practitioners (Doesn’t hurt to be a published writer!)
• Can design creative programs responding to the literary and literacy needs of a community that is 57% Latino with a rapidly growing global population (Doesn’t hurt at all to speak Spanish!)
• Has significant experience in literary arts management and artistic direction, including budgeting, strategic planning, and best practices in the field, as well as booking attractive seasons of teaching and performing writers for a diverse community
• Has experience with government and foundation funding mechanisms and preferably has served on peer panels at local, state, national or international levels
• Is creative about fundraising, project partnerships, and community building – from the board to inner city and suburban neighborhoods
Gemini Ink is a nationally respected literary nonprofit offering dynamic programs that serve some 5,000 culturally diverse participants annually via more than 100 literary events, writing workshops, and classes for readers. Our annual budget is in the $450,000 range, and our staff of six (including the Executive Director) is supported by a strong cadre of interns and volunteers. Salary for this position begins at $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Candidates must have at least a B.A., and demonstrate proven leadership, non-profit organizational management, literary arts, and interpersonal skills, including persuasive public speaking, along with a significant history of community service.