|Job Summary: |
The marketing & client services manager will be responsible for overseeing all international product marketing functions across four major product groups (Perseus Books, Perseus Distribution, PGW, and Consortium). He/she will be the point person between publishers and the international sales team, and work closely with both parties to help bring about growth for each publisher’s program. The candidate will assess how we currently communicate marketing information to customers and research more innovative and cost effective means of conveying that information. He/she will be up to speed on all available tools within the industry today. The position will report to the vice president of international sales and supervise the sales & marketing assistant.
1) Product Marketing
• Attend all key product meetings and work with international team and publishers to determine the seasonal title set.
• Work with sales and publishing to develop marketing plan for key titles, including any author publicity.
• Determine best sales tools to utilize for each publisher’s list (p/e catalogs, sell sheets, blads, reading materials, etc)
• Explore innovative and cost effective ways to communicate real time information about our titles to the marketplace, utilizing social media and web-based tools.
• Develop and track in-depth marketing and merchandising plans for highly branded publishers.
• Oversee the creation of all presentation materials for sales trips and key bookfairs (Frankfurt, London, BEA)
• Work with vp to organize international sales conference.
• Organize participation in regional bookfairs (approx 4-5 per year)
• Verify all title information, including: publisher and title rights, international sales handles, key author details are accurately conveyed in all systems.
2) Client Services
• Work proactively with existing publishers on daily/ongoing marketing needs.
• Smoothly integrate and launch new clients into sales and marketing program.
• Participate in client business reviews to represent key achievements and progress with publishers’ list and discuss future needs.
• Provide publishers’ with a quarterly update on key international events, achievements and progress on initiatives.
3) Physical & Electronic Materials
• Oversee seasonal p/e catalog mailing program
• Liaise with catalog mailing center
• Continually investigate most cost effective means to disseminate title information, with emphasis on utilizing web based tools to help reduce costs.
Key Skills/Experience required:
• Bachelors degree plus 5+ years experience in a book trade environment (publishing/marketing, distribution or retail).
• Dynamic individual with impressive marketing skills; sales background is a strong plus.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with creative ability to visualize/write/edit marketing materials.
• Excellent Microsoft Office, InDesign, web marketing and social media skills.
• Highly organized; ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects; strong project management skills; good budgeting and analytical skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Strong team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations.