JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Managing Editor, NYC Imprint|
|New York, NY|
|Amazon Publishing is seeking a detail-oriented Managing Editor to join the New York office. The successful candidate will have a passion for literature and technology, and an ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, startup environment.|
Reporting to the Editorial Director, the Managing Editor will help manage all aspects of book production and will interface with freelancers and production contacts in Seattle and New York. The Managing Editor will also contribute to further developing internal systems and routing mechanisms. This is a unique opportunity with great growth potential.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Maintain and update scheduling documents on an ongoing basis. Serve as key liaison among editorial, design, graphics, and production contacts and freelancers to ensure that titles stay on schedule.
- Oversee copyediting and proofreading multiple titles; develop and maintain a list of external copyediting and proofreading resources.
- Develop a scheduling system to track progress of all titles and programs.
- Utilize existing resources where possible to avoid duplication and maintain consistency of information.
- Research and institute alternative ways to publish books on an accelerated production schedule.
- Become knowledgeable of internal systems in order to understand how we can streamline and improve our processes.
- Oversee timely and appropriate management of CIP and ISBN information.
- Oversee creation of Title Fact Sheets and metadata.
- Manage a team of direct reports